Lights in the Distance

Observations and musings regarding new mommyhood and life in general.

Friday, June 10, 2005

DD - Z"L

It is with deep sorrow that I announce the passing of DD, the husband of my friend, mentioned in my previous post. He passed away just over a month ago, peacefully, having had the opportunity to say goodbye to his family. A terrible, terrible tragedy; such a useless loss of a vibrant young life. And yet, there is also relief. Relief that he is finally free of pain and suffering, relief that he is no longer trapped.

Not a day goes by that I do not think of my poor, brave friend, and all that she has lost. I am amazed at her will and courage to go on, despite being dealt this cruelest of blows. Her wonderful, supportive family cannot fill the hole she feels in her heart, the emptiness left behind by the loss of her best friend, her partner. Despite this, she has chosen to continue living, to not allow herself to be beaten by his death. I am awed by her strength and decisive will.

Never take your loved ones for granted, for you never know what tomorrow may bring.
|

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, June 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry for the loss of DD. Never forget what he gave to you and help your friend remember all the beauty he left in her heart.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, October 12, 2007, Blogger Yehudi said…

    I'm sorry to hear about her loss. I pray she finds peace and joy soon. G-d gave you an excellent opportunity to be a source of love and encouragement to her in this difficult time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home